ACT Educational Planning and Assessment System (EPAS)
Thanks to the generosity of the Ann Arbor Public Schools Educational Foundation, the Ann Arbor Public Schools is offering the ACT EPAS Progam to assist our students to prepare for college readiness and the State-mandated ACT.
If you have further questions, please contact your student's guidance counselor.
College Readiness Standards and the EPAS Systems
- ACT’s Educational Planning and Assessment System (EPAS) is an integrated series of assessment and career planning programs
- ACT EXPLORE (Grade 8)
- ACT PLAN (Grade 10)
- EPAS, a curriculum-and standards-based system, is ideal for connecting teaching, learning, and assessment to impact student growth from grade 8 through 12
- ACT EXPLORE was designed as the starting point of a long-term assessment system that continues with ACT PLAN and the ACT
- ACT PLAN was designed as the midpoint of a long-term assessment system that starts with ACT EXPLORE and continues with ACT
- All three programs measures student achievement and are built around the same four tests: English, Mathematics, Reading, and Science
|Program||Grade Level||Composite Score Range|
1 to 25
|ACT PLAN||10||1 to 32|
|ACT||11 and 12||1 to 36|
Why are College Readiness Standards Needed?
The Standards serve as a direct link between what students have learned, what they are ready to learn next, and what they must learn before leaving high school in order to be prepared for college.
For more information, please visit the ACT Website: www.act.org/contacts/