To get on this year's list of potential tutors, please complete this questionnaire. This is a new questionnaire for 2012-2013.
Tutor Information Session
November 12th. 3:30 - 5:00 in theInstructional Conference Room at BALAS2555 South State StreetAnn Arbor, MIPlease RSVP for the session by clicking HERE.
K - 12 TUTORING
Those interested in being bilingual tutors should meet the minimum requirements:
* Be FLUENT in English and one other language. Our greatest need is for speakers of these languages: Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Chinese, or Korean
-- Sometimes there is a need for tutors who might not be bilingual but who are certified in ESL, language arts, social studies, math, or science.
* Able & willing to support students with math, science, and social studies vocabulary, concepts, and homework
* Available to participate in district sponsored professional development.
* Willing to work with students from any language background - not just their own.
- Check back for updates.
BASIC TUTOR INFORMATION
There will be two informational sessions for people who might like to become ESL or bilingual tutors for the Ann Arbor Public Schools. If you are considering a job such as this, please come to one of the sessions to see if this is a job you might enjoy.
For the actual job posting please go to this site and search for hourly job postings: http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us/hrs.home/home
Other information that might be useful:
* 95% of the tutors in our ESL department are bilingual tutors. They are fluent in English and at least one other language.
* Tutoring jobs are part-time, hourly, and often temporary (not guaranteed for a whole school year)
* Tutors need to be available to work during the school day. 7:40am - 3:30pm OR after school, sometimes for evening programs
* Tutors who were hired after October 1, 2009 are encouraged to attend one of these sessions as well.
* Tutors do not plan or modify lessons for students. They support students in their classes with lessons planned by classroom or content area teachers.
WHAT TO BRING TO THE INFORMATIONAL SESSIONS -- IF YOU WANT TO APPLY ON THAT DAY:
* Your Driver's License
* A voided blank check -- for direct deposit of paychecks
* Your social security card + your green card and/or visa that might be necessary
* Your college transcript
* A teaching certificate -- if you have one
* Resume -- optional
Pay rates are determined by your level of education, teaching certification, and experience.
CONTACT PATTI BAILEY IN HUMAN RESOURECES: email@example.com
VOLUNTEERS WANTED TOO
If you would like to be a volunteer in any of the Ann Arbor Public Schools, please contact Partners for Excellence. They provide training and match tutors to schools based on a number of factors.