Energy Awareness & Sustainability Education
We are taking the opportunity to launch a new program Energy Awareness and Sustainability Education (EASE). Energy cost is one of the top expenditures in our district; more than that of books and equipment. Therefore it is imperative to reduce energy waste, so that our district’s resources may be better diverted. Our commitment to the EASE program was driven by our goal to reduce energy consumption by 4% per year for the next 4 years. This energy reduction will decrease district expenditures by $324,000 per year.
- Learn about your school's energy consumption
- Suggest an energy saving idea or program for your school
- Select an energy monitor for your classroom to ensure all equipment and lights are shut off when not in use
- Have students make signs and posters to remind others to turn off lights
- Join a sustainability club at your school
- Can’t find an environmental club at your school? Start one!
- Discover green initiatives throughout the district
- Volunteer for a local environmental project
Follow Your School's Energy Use!
Call Ext 4-EASE (3273)
Please leave comments and suggestions here.