The Abbot library program has some exciting opportunities in store this year:
- Our curriculum will be promoting the very best of children's literature to students with activities designed to help students enjoy the stories even more.
- We be doing our very best to get (or keep) all students hooked on reading by recommending specific reading materials to each individual.
- At each grade level, students will be learning research and computer skills specifically suited to their developmental needs.
- We have some special events being planned, including a book fair and Reading Month programs.
- If you would like to volunteer to help in the library, please let me know. We'd love to have you. (See my contact info below.)
Media Center Classes All Abbot students attend Information, Literacy, and Technology (ILT) classes once a week in the Media Center with Mrs. Postema.
Students learn how to find, organize, and present information using both print and technology-related resources. They listen to, read, discuss, and write about quality literature, both fiction and informational books. Lessons incorporate technology instruction as appropriate. Students also check out books for reading in the classroom and at home. Students may spend additional time in the Media Center working on class assignments that involve research, technology, and reading. For more information about ILT and the Media Center, click About the Media Center.
Hours The Media Center is open on school days from 8:48 to 3:42. Please visit your Media Center!
Library clerk Our clerk is Ms. Rochelle Eaddy. She works at Abbot on Wednesday afternoons.
Contact Mrs. Postema
• e-mail: postema at aaps.k12.mi.us (use @ symbol for "at")
• telephone: 994-1901
Please feel free to contact me via e-mail anytime or telephone during school hours.
For more detailed information about using the library media center, click here.