|TEAM INFORMATION SHEET
Sport: Cross Country
Start Date: August 11, 2010
Approx. Hours per Week: 20-25 hours
Hours: Daily (2.5) Meet - Home (3) Meet - Away (5)
Practice Location(all): Meet in Beem’s classroom (6156) then proceed to parts unknown!
Time of Practice: 3:30 – 6ish daily (Fridays included!). Once school starts, Friday practice is at 6am with no after school practice.
Who provides transportation to & from practice? Parents/teammates if meeting off campus!
Are any cuts made in this sport? NO, absolutely not! NO ONE SITS THE BENCH! Everyone competes in EVERY MEET! We have no benches!
Typically how many does the coach keep? Everyone!
Tryout Criteria: None. Just a good attitude and willingness to work!
Does this sport collect dues or fees? Various costs along the way for team shirt, Camp, photos, gifts, fleeces, team functions ,etc. We fundraise a great deal of our expenses so home financial situations are never an issue!
2006-2007 Highlights: There were many significant numbers in this year’s team:
1. It was our 33rd year of competition – the oldest women’s only team in school.
2. Meet CHAMPIONS in three invitationals
3. The largest number of girls to ever attend RAT CAMP (38)!
4. Had the largest number of girls to ever represent Huron simultaneously in one meet (race).
5. With 56 girls, this team was the largest in school history!
6. 19 of our 53 girls were FIRST YEAR ATHLETES.
7. 27 varsity letter winners out of 53 girls!
8. We returned to the state finals as a TEAM for the 4th time in the last 7 years.
9. Were named an Academic All-State Team for the 4th time in 7 years.
10. Finished 11th in the state out of 150 schools at the State Finals
RatCamp8 - This year’s team camp will be on Tuesday, Aug. 21 – Friday Aug. 24. We stay at the State Park in Harrisville, MI. You must have your physical on file and all paperwork taken care of prior to attending camp. Camp is one of the ‘hallmark’ memories for our girls and much of what we accomplish as a team is a direct result of the efforts and activities at camp.
Message from the Coaches: Our program is GROWING-GROWING-GROWING and we would love to have you be a part of it! The abilities of our girls range from state-qualifiers who run under 20 minutes to brand new girls who run under 30 minutes and lots of ‘in-betweeners’. There is a place for anyone who is willing to have a lot of fun while working hard! Additionally, we have the best team dinners, breakfasts AND the coolest t-shirts around!
Contact Info: Coach Kevin Behmer
( firstname.lastname@example.org) or 761-2453
Capt: Carolyn Campbell (971-7053 )
Capt: Cat Garabrant (668-0381 )
Capt: Meredith Brown (434-2828 )
Capt Email: email@example.com