Type to Learn 4 at home...
Your student’s Type to Learn 4 account can be accessed from home if you have a computer with an internet connection and can load the Type to Learn 4 client software on the computer. The software is free.
Your student’s login information is available from the school media specialist. The login allows him or her to use the program. The district login code is 100299.
To get the software, go to...
Scroll down and choose the Full Web Version for your computer model.
Your machine must meet the minimum system requirements.
The User Guide is also available as a download on this website.
*** Please note: There will not be AAPS technical support available for student's home computers. ***
Proper Keyboarding Technique
- Use two hands to type.
- Your right hand goes on the right side of the keyboard; your left hand goes on the left side of the keyboard.
- Put your right hand on J K L and ; and your left hand on F D S and A. This is the Home Row.
- The bumps on the J and F keys should be under your index fingers.
- Curve your fingers.
- Keep your wrists straight, not bent down.
- Sit up straight!
- Put your feet flat on the floor.
- Look straight ahead at the screen.
- When you type, hit each key with a quick, strong tap.
- Keep your fingers close to the keyboard.
- Have fun!